Just flew in from New Orleans, and boy is my stemming tired …
Illegal stemming? Sounds like something that would draw a passive-aggressive e-mail from your condo association, not a critical penalty flag from a college football ref.
Bah. I don’t want to spend this post talking about what should or should not have been called there. Besides, you had a better view of it on TV than I did watching from the 15th row on the opposite end of the Superdome.
But since you weren’t there — and since I’m ass tired after a weekend in NOLA — I figured I’d just let my crappy Olympus point and shoot write this post for me. I think you’ll be impressed with the vivid game action I was able to capture.
OK, I guess I do have a few non-photographic observations:
- Turns out there is something worse than getting heckled by Maize and Blue douchebags in Ann Arbor. Nothing against the Cajuns, but there’s a distinct brand of indignity reserved for getting openly taunted by fans of a conference that is showcased on Wednesday nights on ESPN2 (unless its games are bumped for a World Series of Poker re-run).
- From the looks of it, SDSU’s travelling contingent was not more than a thousand. If even that. Walking around the French Quarter before the game, I literally saw five Aztecs fans. The Ragin Cajuns had about 100,000 people down there. Or maybe it just seemed that way because of their body mass indexes.
- Our fanbase’s poor showing is a drag because Aztecs fans would have really dug this place. New Orleans is a more beautiful, more cultured and more haunted version of Las Vegas. It’s the best city I’ve ever visited on an Aztecs road trip by far. Even better than Moscow, Idaho!
- Last-second field goal be damned, our lasting memory of Ryan Lindley should be a game-winning touchdown pass to Colin Lockett. Nearly great ending to a nearly great Aztecs career. He will be missed, no matter how frustrating he could be at times.
- Are you a bad person for wishfully wondering if Ronnie Hillman’s subpar performance might hurt his draft stock and convince him to come back? Yes. You are a loathsome, selfish person. That said, do you think Ronnie Hillman’s subpar performance might hurt his draft stock and convince him to come back?
- From talking to people in NOLA, if Drew Brees told Saints fans to sacrifice their firstborn sons, there would be a serious run on altars at the local WalMart. Bitches would be getting pepper sprayed left and right.
- I know the Aztecs’ defense is banged up. But watching Blaine Gautier Monchaux Delacroix treat Rocky’s 3-3-5 like 2-ply toilet paper doesn’t exactly give me a whole lot of confidence in the future, especially since Miles Burris will be playing on Sundays next year.
- I can officially confirm a suspicion I’ve long held: hurricane daquiris are fucking disgusting.
- Aw, hell one more photo: